A decrease in potency is observed in almost half of men who suffer from diabetes mellitus. More often, it is a deterioration of the erection, less often, it is the absence of ejaculation and impotence.
Diabetes in Men –Causes of the Violation of Sexual Function
The risk of the development of sexual dysfunction in men who suffer from diabetes and don’t regularly monitor the level of blood sugar is higher than that of healthy men. An increased level of sugar in the blood leads to the defeat of nerves and blood vessels, including the penis. This, in turn, violates the blood flow in it and often leads to erectile dysfunction (ED). Unfortunately, this problem can also occur in patients who regularly monitor blood sugar, although in this case it is treated easier and more effectively.
According to modern statistical data, ED develops in 50% of men within 10 years after the diabetes diagnosis was identified, which is 10 to 15 years earlier than in healthy men. If you have problems with erection, you need to see a doctor.
Causes of erectile dysfunction
Causes of ED include:
- Disturbances of hormonal metabolism, especially of testosterone, which reduces sexual desire and worsens the specific reactions of the genital organs.
- The development of neuropathy – a violation of the state of nerve trunks that conduct nerve impulses from the genital organs to the brain and back. In this case, men complaint about feeling of heaviness in the lower limbs, weakness, pain, burning sensation, muscle cramps, fever, pain, and vibration sensitivity.
- Problems with the autonomic nervous system also can be a result of retrograde ejaculation (sperm gets into the bladder during ejaculation). Potency disorders depend on the site of damage to the autonomic nervous system.
- Diabetic angiopathy leads to violations of the blood filling of the penis and sexual problems in men.
- Psychological problems associated with violations of potency.
Diabetes and Sex Life – Treatment of ED
Today, a large number of drugs and techniques for the treatment of ED are used:
- Drugs for oral administration (tablets, capsules). Most of the drugs can be purchased on the Internet. There are reliable pharmacies where you can buy generic Viagra online. However, consult your doctor before using the drug.
- Prostaglandins in rectal suppositories.
- Vacuum pumps, compression bands, various cuffs, and so on.
Maintaining a normal blood sugar level helps avoid impotence in men with diabetes. Therefore, the sexual performance of a man is improved as the disease is controlled. Compliance with diet, proper insulin therapy, and intake of hypoglycemic drugs are necessary and sufficient conditions for successful therapy of sexual disorders. And vice versa, the longer the age of diabetes, the heavier it is, the more likely the occurrence of sexual disorders and their severity.